OCP PLAY SUBMISSION
Orange Community Players, Inc. is accepting submissions from directors for plays in our 60th season for Fall 2017- Spring 2018. In light of our 60th season, shows themed, set, or styled in the 60s will receive preference but are not guaranteed selection.
All submissions are due by Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
Orange Community Players, Inc. presents four shows per season historically consisting of two musicals and two non-musicals.
There are two ways to submit plays for consideration to us:
1. You should send a letter with a brief (one page or less) description of your play, a resume of your experience as a director and/or actor, a proposed budget, and an excerpt from the script (maximum ten pages).
Mail should be sent to:
Orange Community Players, Inc.
ATTN: Diana Hill, Plays & Directors Chairperson
P.O. Box 442
Orange, Texas 77631
2. However, we strongly prefer electronic queries. You may send a query via e-mail by attaching your description, resume, budget, and excerpt to our e-mail as Word and/or PDF documents. All length restrictions still apply.
Emails should be sent to: email@example.com
SOME TIPS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR PLAY TO ORANGE COMMUNITY PLAYERS, INC.:
1. DO take at least two or three paragraphs with the synopsis of the play. It is not required to submit a detailed breakdown of plot by act and by scene. Just make sure we get the general themes and major plot points. DO NOT give a one or two sentence statement with a few buzzwords.
2. DO include a character breakdown and BE SPECIFIC about how many actors the play requires, especially if it is not clear from the cast list.
3. DO include an estimated budget. Suggested budgets should account for costumes & make-up, hired talent, lighting & sound, photography & video, props, and set construction materials. Private message us if you would like our suggested budget totals.
4. DO include your first and second season slot preferences. Historical options include performance dates in Aug/Sept, Oct/Nov, Jan/Feb, and Mar/Apr.
5. DO NOT submit a full script.
6. DO NOT call or email to check on the progress of your submission once you have submitted it. You will hear from us in due time. We will contact you if we desire more information, and we will inform you of the decision once it has been made.
7. DO, however, feel free to let us know of any changes, additions, or deletions of your submission.
Additional information may be obtained from Diana Hill, Plays & Directors Chairperson, Orange Community Players.