Orange Community Players, Inc. is accepting submissions from directors for plays in the upcoming season.
Submissions are accepted year round, but to have your submission considered for the 2012-2013 theatrical season, please send by April 24th, 2012. Plays should appeal to a wide audience.
There are two ways to submit plays to us:
1. You may send a query letter with a brief (one page or less) description of your play, a bio, and an excerpt from the script (maximum ten pages). If we are intrigued by your description, we may request more information.
Orange Community Players, Inc.
ATTN: Kevin Doss, Plays & Directors Chairperson
P.O. Box 442
Orange, Texas 77631
2. However, we strongly prefer electronic queries. You may send a query via e-mail by attaching your description, bio, and excerpt to an e-mail as Word documents. All length restrictions still apply.
firstname.lastname@example.org or Kevin.Doss@lsco.edu
Orange Community Players, Inc. presents four mainstage shows per season. These shows historically have consisted of a large cast late summer musical, a spring musical and two non-musicals, in the fall and early in the year. If we wish to have more information or we choose your submission, you will hear from us the first week of May 2012.
SOME TIPS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR PLAY TO ORANGE COMMUNITY PLAYERS, INC.:
- DO take at least two or three paragraphs with the synopsis of the play. It is not required to submit a detailed breakdown of plot by act and by scene. Just make sure we get the general themes and major plot points. DO NOT give a one-or two sentence statement with a few buzzwords. They don’t tell us anything useful, and greatly reduce the chances of your play being solicited.
- DO include a character breakdown and BE SPECIFIC about how many actors the play requires, especially if it is not clear from the cast list.
- DO include an estimated budget. Questions about this may be directed to Kevin Doss.
- DO NOT submit a roster of ten to twenty plays and ask if we may be interested in reading one of them. Take the time to consider your choice and select one and no more than three plays to inquire about at a time.
- DO NOT submit a full script without first submitting a query. Chances are, these plays will not be read and may not be responded to.
- DO NOT query by phone. Please query by e-mail or regular mail (see above).
- DO NOT call or email to check on the progress of your query once you have submitted it. You will hear from us in due time. DO, however, feel free to let us know of any changes, additions or deletions of your query.